Kuraray Liquid Rubber
Kuraray Liquid Rubber (K-LR) includes Liquid Isoprene Rubber (LIR) and Liquid Butadiene Rubber (LBR). These high-viscosity synthetic rubbers are based on isoprene, butadiene and styrene. They are colorless, transparent and almost entirely odorless, with low VOC’s.
Kuraray’s liquid rubber grades function as reactive plasticizers but have far higher molecular weight than normal plasticizers. They are co-vulcanizable and reduce migration significantly which improves the product’s shelf life.
Using K-LR during the rubber compounding phase significantly reduces processing time, while maintaining the rubber compounds’ physical properties. This results in a product with lower processing costs.
The functionalized grades can be bonded to a wide variety of matrices for improved performance.
Common applications include tires, belts, hoses and other rubber goods. In addition, K-LR is used to produce high performance coatings, adhesives and sealants.
- Colorless, transparent and low VOC
- Co-vulcanizable and reduces migration which improves the products shelf life
- Enhances processability
- Reduces mixing time
- Strong tack and adhesive properties
- Functionalized grades available
- Low glass transition temperature (Tg)
- Rubber-like properties at low temperatures
MAIN AREAS OF APPLICATION
- Rubber Goods
- Flexo printing plate
- Additives for asphalt
- Lubricants and bonding agents